Medical Insurance Coverage for Sleep Disorders – Alexandria, VA. Call (703) 343-9372.
We work with almost every insurance company, including unions and managed care plans.
Oral appliances are covered by your medical insurance company, because sleep apnea is a medical condition. Dental plans are not appropriate for reimbursing care for sleep apnea. Nearly all medical insurance companies cover oral appliance therapy, but each plan is different, and we can’t tell you exactly how much coverage you have until we actually verify it with the insurance. We work with almost every insurance company, including unions and managed care plans.
When you schedule your first appointment in our office, we:
- Obtain all necessary documentation from your referring physician’s office.
- Obtain all necessary authorizations on your behalf.
- Request a quote of benefits from your insurance, and present a full Financial Disclosure to you prior to any costs being incurred.
- Request prior authorization prior to fabricating an oral appliance.
- Bill all services to your medical insurance plan.
- Work with the insurance to make sure you receive maximum coverage.
We don’t want financial burdens to be a barrier to treatment. We never charge you the full price upfront, then leave you to try and be reimbursed by your insurance on your own. Our team of insurance professionals have over 25 years of collective experience working with medical insurance companies. We advocate strongly for our patients and have more options than any provider in the area.
- We offer financing and payment plans for patients who need time to resolve their co-pay, co-insurance and/or deductible amounts.