Fees & Payments for Koala® Center For Sleep & TMJ Disorders.
We accept most medical insurances and Medicare. Please contact us
We offer a dental treatment solution to the medical conditions; snoring, obstructive sleep apnea and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Because these are considered medical in nature, they are payable by medical carriers and we only bill medical insurance plans. Dental plans are not appropriate for reimbursing care for sleep apnea. Nearly all medical insurance companies cover oral appliance therapy, but each plan is different, and once you are seen for your initial exam, we will go over specific details with you relating to your care and insurance coverage. We work with almost every medical insurance company, including unions and managed care plans.
When you schedule with us, we will:
- Ask for your medical insurance information so we can verify coverage and bill claims on your behalf.
- Obtain necessary, sleep-related documents from your referring physician’s office.
- Following your initial exam and consultation, present you with treatment recommendations.
- Present a Treatment Plan including fees and any deposits due at the time of service prior to beginning any treatment.
- Request prior insurance authorization as needed or requested.
- Submit claims on your behalf to your medical carrier(s).
- Work with you to make the best use of your coverage and offer payment plans as needed.
We don’t want financial burdens to be a barrier to treatment. If you are insured, we will submit claims on your behalf. We do not charge you full fee up front and then leave you try to submit your own claims and receive reimbursement from your carrier. If you are not insured, we offer self-pay discounts and offer payment plans including no-interest and low-interest plans upon approval. Our team of insurance professionals have over 25 years of collective experience working with medical insurance companies. We advocate strongly for our patients and have many options to help you get the treatment you need.
- We offer financing and payment plans for patients who need time to resolve their co-pay, co-insurance and/or deductible amounts.
- We are in-network with many medical carriers including Medicare. If we are considered out of network, we may still be able to help you utilize your in-network benefits. We work with all medical carriers except Medicaid.
It is our goal to work with patients to receive the treatment that will most effectively treat their obstructive sleep apnea and the treatment that they will be able to commit to wearing all night every night for optimal results. We understand that some patients have a difficult time wearing their CPAP, and are looking for a non-surgical option. Depending on the severity of the obstructive sleep apnea, the oral appliance may fully treat their condition, or we may recommend combination therapy. We listen. We care. We are here to help you Sleep, Breathe, and Live Well!